Document Check List

Document Checklist

So if you're planning to sell your damaged car or van with us, what documents do you need to be able to complete the process? The documents that are essential include:

  • V5 - The one document that we really do need in order to buy your vehicle is the V5 registration document or, as it’s more commonly known, the logbook.


  • I.D.- We would need to see one form of identification.

  • Outstanding Finance - If your vehicle has outstanding finance, it is not a problem at all and can be paid on your premises whilst we collect your vehicle. We would however need to see a settlement figure from the finance company or speak to them over the phone first.

Non Essentials (but we’d be very grateful if you do have them)

  • Service History - this will often be inside your car's Owner's Manual.

  • Spare Keys

  • Receipts for any repair work relating to the vehicle.

  • Owner's Manual

  • Satellite Navigation Discs

  • Fluffy Dice (not a deal breaker).

To find out more about the various documents you might need for selling your damaged car or van, or what you can do if you have lost the V5 document, please get in touch with our team on 03452 222 333 (Mon - Fri, 09:00 - 17:30) or complete our online contact form and we'll get back to you.